Changes during this time - What to expect:
We have made some changes at Karrie's Kid Care policies, operating hours, and health checks to do our best to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Hours are 7 AM to 5 PM - allowing us time to clean without the children here.
- Cleaning, Sanitizing, and Disinfecting have always and will always be a priority here. We have increased the number of times we throughly clean and strive to limit the amount of exposure the children have to harsh cleaning products.
- We are practicing social distancing. Each child has their own square, a lap table, and their own variety of toys in baggies. So no-one is touching the same toys. The square are also working great for the children to be space out to do yoga, dancing, and be silly. This also still allows them to talk and interact at a safe distance.
- The children are loving their own space and have a variety of toys that they can play with and not share. They can still play with the same things at the same time, just not together.
- We are making use of the living room as the main play area. This allows us to have the children nap where they are used to. It also gives staff a chance to do an additional cleaning of the main play area and helps limits the expose of harmful cleaning chemicals.
- We continue to enjoy outside time as much as the weather allows. We strive to stay active, practice social distancing, and remain healthy.
- Children above the age of 2 years can wear masks if they choose. Staff wear masks all day.
- We are doing daily temperature checks of staff and children at drop off, before lunch, and after nap. We continue to encourage hand washing and have the children do it more often through out the day.
- Drop off and pick up are being done outside to limit the number of people the children are around. Staff will meet you outside, check your child's temperature, and get any updates from you.
- You are still able to check your child in on our Bright Wheel account. Just bring your smart phone, scan the QR code, and follow a couple simple steps. Completely touchless. Current parents like how easy it is.
- The BrightWheel App is our main communication system right now. They have added some great features and have really stepped up in helping childcare provider makes things touchless and provide more ways to share more information with parents. Our newsletter is now shared through the app, it is also allowing us to share the lesson plans with parents, pictures, short videos, daily updates, messages, and payments.
- Tours are being done outside of operating hours. Again to limit the number of people the children are exposed to.